Sunday, April 26, 2015

Querying

So I've been researching ways to query my book to agents and I'm thinking that I'm going to just write my own query from scratch. I've been looking up lists of do's and don'ts and also lists of "examples of successful queries" and it's a little disconcerting. I mean, some of them I would never look twice at if I was an agent and others are so good that my chest hurts.

One of the tips that I read was that I could even use a successful example of someone else's query as a template but I wouldn't want to do that. I would want to use the BEST things about their query and write my own. My head has definitely become scrambled eggs. I can't even put into words how I'm going to do this.

Soooo....I'm just going to sit down, think hard about my book and sell it. I'm going to take a few tips that seemed well thought out, write a few great advanced bloglines (or use ones i've already completed) and do a few rough drafts. I'm hoping that once I'm done I'll have a few polished queries that I can choose from and start sending off.

Wish me luck!
If you enjoyed my novel feel free to contact me, e-mail me, and give me your feed back!
If you didn't or you think something could be changed or better do the same!
I love hearing from people and it is all the better to know it's been read and thought on!

Good Readance,
Jade


"The only way to be a writer is to write, write and write. The only way...is to write." -Jade Elyzabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment