Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Confidence

Writing is one of the best things that I like about myself. I must say that while often times people don't find their passion but i'm glad to have found mine as early as I did. I have always wanted to be a writer, even when I was a child and interested in other things. I always wanted to be blah blah blah...AND a writer. I'd never cut writing out of the equation completely. I believe I always knew that one day I would be a writer and that I would be able to share my opinions and creativity with the world. It's probably one of the most fun things I've done, ever.

Creating worlds, creating characters, having someone else depend on you to make up their life, make their decisions without any chance of consequence or recourse. So far my characters have loved me. They'd fit perfectly into the personality, locations and settings that I put them in. They'd survived all the hardships and made solutions from every adversity that had been thrown their way.

Call me crazy because I feel my characters actually decide their own fate and where they will end up but it's true. Just recently I'd been writing something with a complete outline and the character decided she wasn't going to have it. She spun that story around so fast it was all I could do but keep up with my typing.

I don't call it Artist Insomnia for no reason! They keep me up at night, pounding against my head trying to figure out what to change next. I love it, yes I'm positive that I love it. I'm confident that it loves me back.

"The only way to be a writer is to write, write and write. The only way...is to write." -Jade Elyzabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment