Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Post 32: Dvakart Vymenil


“I must say, it’s almost too good to be true.” Devlirus smiled in an almost twisted grin. “You would think that they would have come after her by now. Did we not leave enough clues?” He paced the grass just parallel to the alter where Adrian sat. He stopped before her and touched a knuckle to her cheek. She didn’t move, her eyes fixed open and red. Her hair blew in the wind and he used his other hand to catch the strands in his fingers. The silkiness caressed his skin and he gasped. Maybe his lust for human women had returned? He wasn’t sure. He couldn’t be distracted. Backing away from his tempter, Devlirus glanced at the woman who stood on the stone steps with her hands clasped above her breast.
            “Perhaps they won’t come. As you noticed, the mistrust is there. Maybe they figured she came of her own accord.” Annalise had woken from her trance just moments before but the handsome devil didn’t seem to mind. He knew he was stronger than her, smarter than her and even thought himself superior to her. He didn’t worry that she’d try to get away, not without her daughter. And he was right.
            “Yes, but I thought the two were mated. Wouldn’t that at least mean he’d want to come see for himself? I’m growing impatient and I’m sure my people are in a hurry to get back to their home planet. It seems almost unfair of me but I want the warrior to see his love one last time. Right before I kill her.” Annalise gasp and another round of tears wet her cheeks.
            “You don’t deserve to go back home. You don’t deserve mercy.” She spoke angrily, her clasp hands shaking. “I have never wished ill on anyone in my entire life but on you? I hope you fail, I hope your planet dies and with it, your diseased soul.” Her eyes burned vehemently as she stepped closer to him. She could tell her words were getting under his skin.
            “Would you not do anything and everything for your daughter? Would you not give any and everything to save her right now? In this moment,” he yelled. His shout startled her but she did not back away.
            “Yes, yes I would!”
            “Then you have no right to question me for the things that I am doing for my people. Adrian is but one measly unimportant human and I am saving an entire planet of people. Do not speak to me about diseased souls and mercy. For your comment I should strike you down here and now.” He threw up a hand, as if to back hand her, but he stopped. Slowly, he touched the side of her wet face with his hand. “Skin as smooth as her mothers.” He whispered.
            “I would do all and anything for my daughter but what you mean to do isn’t just murder; it’s genocide. I don’t fully understand the life source and the ways of the dark power but just think…what will come of the inhabitants of this planet should you take their life source, hmm?” She said back to him, her voice also just above a whisper.
            “That…my beautiful human, is not my problem.” He turned away from her towards her daughter. Adrian was slowly coming out of her trance, her open eyes awakening.
            “Mother…” Adrian spoke as her vision cleared. She saw the tall man standing before her, his dark eyes piercing her. Annalise dodged Devlirus and moved toward Adrian. She threw her arms around her and they hugged tightly.
            “Ok, they really are taking too long. Adrian, call your mate.” He voice boomed out over their sentiments.
            “I, uh…”
            “Call him now! That wasn’t a question or suggestion. It was an order. I want to get this over with and I want to get off this planet. They’ve opened a portal and I want my people and the life source back on Malvroy in one hour!” As he spoke, a group of warrior like men walked towards them, their heads shaved and tattooed. One man stood taller than the rest, almost as tall as Devlirus but most definitely bigger. His muscles were tight and stretched the dark leather across his chest. His eyes were a light, almost clear blue and his long hair gathered at the nape of his neck in a long ponytail.
            “I, too, find it funny that they have not arrived. Perhaps they are already here.” There was something about the man, about his voice, that seemed familiar to Adrian. She couldn’t place it but an almost instant trust formed in her mind for him. It was the same feeling she’d felt when she’d met Chase Hunter for the first time. The differences in the men didn’t stop there. His icy blue eyes seemed to contrast to the soft sun kissed glow his skin held. The rest were pale, their skin almost translucent. Adrian felt her mother draw closer to her.
            “Adrian, that man, I’ve seen him before. He and your father…they were friends.” She whispered as softly as she could, Adrian could barely hear her. “There is something trustworthy about him. But what is he doing here with them?”
            “I know. Mom, there is something familiar about him. I’ve never met him before. I think I would know.” She whispered back as the two men continued to discuss the situation.
            “Adrian, please join us in our conversation. You should know, it concerns your mate.” The man came forward as she jumped from the Alter. He stuck out a hand to her. “I would like to meet the acquaintance of the woman who will give my race back it’s home.” As she took his hand, Adrian knew exactly where the familiarity came from. She looked up, her eyes widened and her mouth gaped.
            “You’re…” she spoke and almost finished but his eyes warned her. They rimmed with darkness that told her to keep her mouth shut. “…welcome.”
            “Thank you.” He spoke, his voice loud but with an underlining secrecy to it she couldn’t have been mistaken. He was who she thought he was. She was definitely more confused than she’d ever been and yet, things seemed to make sense.
            “This is my mother, Annalise Culvert.” She spoke, her eyes wide and still on his. Breaking their trance, the man bent over her mother’s hand and kissed the knuckles.
            “I am Dvakart Vymenil. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I must say, human women are very pleasing to the eyes. Call me Nile.” He dropped Annalise’s hand with a sweet softness and stepped away from them.
            “You’ll have to excuse my partner, he seems to forget that he is a murderer, a devil himself and also my right hand man.” Devlirus looked upon him with jealously. “Nile’s as charming and as innocent as a snake slithering in a bush. I will give him that.” He came forward and clasps a tight hand on Dvakart’s shoulder. The two then turned and Dvakart, or Nile, began to report to him on the status of the portal that was opening to Malvroy.
            “Mom, I finally know who he is. I know why he’s familiar.” Adrian leaned closer to Annalise so as not to be overheard.
            “Who is he?”
            “You know how I told you there are five other warriors other than Chase? One’s name is Vectio; he’s their transporter. Strong, silent, long dark hair and icy blue eyes.” She turned towards her mother. “I think he’s Vectio’s father.”


"The only way to be a writer is to write, write and write. The only way...is to write." -Jade Elyzabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment